Includes 1 Wrap & 4 Gel Bags
Our SMI Cold Therapy Knee Wrap goes on top of, or underneath, clothing to effectively penetrate the area to provide comfort and relief from pain and/or swelling. Two frozen gel bags, enclosed in a white, anti-microbial bandage layer, stay firmly in place. Two additional gel bags are included to ensure that you always have a frozen set of gel bags ready to go when you need it the most. See below for more information. Made in the USA. One Size fits most. Includes 1 Wrap and 4 Gel Bags.
- Versatile design provides support, compression, cold therapy and/or heat therapy to the knee to target pain/swelling area.
- Designed for self-application if necessary.
- Allows full mobility while being used.
- Can be positioned to target front, back or side of knee.
- Common uses: Post-operative pain & swelling relief, physical therapy, sports injuries & chronic pain relief.
- Anti-microbial liner that wicks moisture.
Good for: Bursitis • Hamstring Strain • Jumper's Knee • Osteoarthritis • Runner's Knee • Torn Meniscus
Four-Way Stretch for Effective Compression and Fit
- Moisture Wicking Fabric Keeps Condensation Away for Comfort
- Synthetic Fibers Won't Harbor Harmful Bacteria
- Machine Washable (AIR DRY ONLY)
Cold 4 Hours
- SMI Gel Bags Cool the Targeted Area for up to 4 Hours
- Mini-Ice Pillows Maintain a Safe, Continuous Therapeutic Temp
- Non-Toxic Formula Allows Gel Bag to Mold Perfectly to Target Area.
Click on the image to enlarge, print or download the use instructions.
SMI offers 3 types of proven therapies in one easy-to-use product:
Cold Therapy • Heat Therapy • Compression Therapy
Also known as Cryotherapy, Cold Therapy is mainly for joint pain and aches. It reduces blood flow to the area of the body to which it's applied. This reduces the inflammation that leads to pain and can also temporarily reduce nerve activity. Additional effects include controlling hemorrhage, preventing edema (swelling) and blocking pain receptors.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Reduce or stop bleeding
- Slow bacterial activity
- Relieve postoperative pain following surgical procedure, dental surgeries, headaches, or muscle or joint injury
- Prevent swelling in injured tissues
- Prevent peristalsis in patients with abdominal inflammation
- Reduce bruising
- Control pain and fluid loss in the initial treatment of burns
- Diminish muscle contraction and spasm
Compression Therapy uses controlled pressure to increase blood flow to certain areas and improve blood flow to the heart. It supports veins and decreases edema (swelling). Compression Therapy is found to be the most effective when it's combined with movement.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Prevention of leg swelling for people who stand or sit for long periods of time
- Effective delivery of cold/heat to a targeted area of the body
- Management of varicose veins
- Used to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Improves healing of leg ulcers & prevents them from coming back
- Maintenance therapy for lymphedema
- Improvement in chronic venous insufficiency & ulcer recurrence in older adults
Heat Therapy is used mainly for muscle pain and aches. It helps improve blood flow and circulation to an injured area and helps to relieve discomfort while improving muscle flexibility for recovery. Heat Therapy can also heal damaged tissue. Heat causes vasodilation of the blood vessels, which increases blood flow to the area of application. This in turn, increases the amount of oxygen, nutrients, and white blood cells delivered to the body tissues. In addition, vasodilation assists in the removal of waste products from injured tissues.
Heat Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Relieve localized pain, stiffness, or aching in joints or muscles
- Decrease muscle spasm and tightness
- Increase muscle flexibility
- Increase blood flow to the area
- Promote wound healing
- Reduce inflammation